New Level of Patient Comfort
Dentistry is advancing rapidly, bringing us to new technologies that improve the quality of care we’re able to provide for your child. At Vienna Pediatric Dentistry, we are always looking for ways to improve our Patient’s level of comfort and clinical care, and are thrilled to inform you that we offer “LASER TECHNOLOGY.”
The Waterlase MD is a revolutionary dental tool that uses a combination of laser energy and water without a hand piece ever touching the tooth to perform a variety of dental procedures with fewer shots and less anesthesia. Studies have shown that laser dentistry can be far less traumatic than the drill, especially for young apprehensive patients. This technology allows us to practice minimally invasive dentistry, saving more of the healthy tooth structure. Laser technology also allows us to perform an array of soft tissue procedures with better precision, no use of scalpels, decreased bleeding time and faster healing times.
The advantages of Laser Dentistry (Waterlase MD) over conventional dental instruments are:
- Your child’s comfort- Heat, vibration and pressure are the primary causes of pain associated with the use of traditional drill. Since the Waterlase MD cuts hard and soft tissue without heat, vibration or pressure, we can perform many procedures with fewer shots and less anesthesia
- Accuracy & Precision- We can remove decay in tooth enamel while leaving the surrounding tooth unaffected
- Reduced Trauma- The gentle action of laser reduces damage to healthy portions of the tooth, minimizing trauma
- Less Bleeding and Swelling- Waterlase performs many soft tissue procedures with little or no bleeding and less post- operative swelling
- Fewer Visits Required- Since most dental procedures can be performed without anesthetizing the patient, the laser technology allows us to perform more dental procedures in each setting and hence, reduces the number of visits required to complete restorative dental work for your child.
To learn more about this revolutionary dental tool, please visit www.bioloase.com or ask our office staff.